Online English Dictionary and Vocabulary Builder
1. [n] a person who invests capital in a business (especially a large business)
2. [n] a conservative advocate of capitalism
3. [a] favoring or practicing capitalism
4. [a] of or relating to capitalism or capitalists; "a capitalist nation"; "capitalistic methods and incentives"
1. [s] bourgeois
2. [s] competitive
3. [s] free-enterprise(a)
4. [s] private-enterprise(a)
5. [s] individualistic
6. [s] laissez-faire(a)
1. [a] socialistic
2. [a] socialist
Look up words in the English4Today Online Dictionary and then add them to your personal dictionary (myVocab).
Turn your word lists into tests for yourself, your friends or your students ... add a translation ... make vocabulary sets and flash cards.
All you need to start your own personal dictionary web is a free English4Today membership.
Do you know the meaning of ...
English grammar software checks your grammar and spelling, and gives feedback as you write!