Online English Dictionary and Vocabulary Builder
1. [s] large in number or quantity (especially of discourse); "she took copious notes"; "extensive press coverage"; "a subject of voluminous legislation"
2. [s] having broad range or effect; "had extensive press coverage"; "far-reaching changes in the social structure"; "sweeping reforms"
3. [s] great in range or scope; "an extended vocabulary"; "surgeons with extended experience"; "extensive examples of picture writing"; "suffered extensive damage"; "a wide selection"
4. [s] large in spatial extent or range; "an extensive Roman settlement in northwest England"; "extended farm lands"
5. [a] of agriculture; increasing productivity by using large areas with minimal outlay and labor; "producing wheat under extensive conditions"; "agriculture of the extensive type"
1. [a] abundant
2. [a] comprehensive
3. [a] considerable
4. [a] large
5. [a] big
1. [a] intensive
Look up words in the English4Today Online Dictionary and then add them to your personal dictionary (myVocab).
Turn your word lists into tests for yourself, your friends or your students ... add a translation ... make vocabulary sets and flash cards.
All you need to start your own personal dictionary web is a free English4Today membership.
Do you know the meaning of ...
English grammar software checks your grammar and spelling, and gives feedback as you write!