Online English Dictionary and Vocabulary Builder
1. [n] the entire amount of income before any deductions are made
2. [n] twelve dozen
3. [v] earn before taxes, expenses, etc.
4. [s] conspicuously and outrageously bad or reprehensible; "a crying shame"; "an egregious lie"; "flagrant violation of human rights"; "a glaring error"; "gross ineptitude"; "gross injustice"; "rank treachery"
5. [s] conspicuously and tastelessly indecent; "coarse language"; "a crude joke"; "crude behavior"; "an earthy sense of humor"; "a revoltingly gross expletive"; "a vulgar gesture"; "full of language so vulgar it should have been edited"
6. [s] repellently fat; "a bald porcine old man"
7. [s] of general aspects or broad distinctions; "the gross details of the structure appear reasonable"
8. [s] visible to the naked eye (especially of rocks and anatomical features)
9. [a] before any deductions; "gross income"
1. [a] conspicuous
2. [a] obvious
3. [a] indecent
4. [a] fat
5. [a] general
6. [a] macroscopic
7. [a] macroscopical
8. [a] large
9. [s] overall
10. [s] total
Look up words in the English4Today Online Dictionary and then add them to your personal dictionary (myVocab).
Turn your word lists into tests for yourself, your friends or your students ... add a translation ... make vocabulary sets and flash cards.
All you need to start your own personal dictionary web is a free English4Today membership.
Do you know the meaning of ...
English grammar software checks your grammar and spelling, and gives feedback as you write!