Online English Dictionary and Vocabulary Builder
1. [s] not threatening to life or health; not malignant; "a benign tumor is usually harmless"
2. [a] not causing or capable of causing harm; "harmless bacteria"; "rendered the bomb harmless"
3. [a] not injurious to physical or mental health
4. [s] unlikely to harm or disturb anyone; "harmless old man"
5. [s] not producing any toxic effects
1. [a] benign
2. [a] benignant
3. [s] innocent
4. [s] innocuous
5. [s] inoffensive
6. [s] unoffending
7. [s] innoxious
8. [s] inoffensive
9. [s] uncontroversial
10. [s] insipid
11. [a] safe
12. [a] nontoxic
13. [a] atoxic
Look up words in the English4Today Online Dictionary and then add them to your personal dictionary (myVocab).
Turn your word lists into tests for yourself, your friends or your students ... add a translation ... make vocabulary sets and flash cards.
All you need to start your own personal dictionary web is a free English4Today membership.
Do you know the meaning of ...
English grammar software checks your grammar and spelling, and gives feedback as you write!