Online English Dictionary and Vocabulary Builder
1. [a] not consisting of matter; "immaterial apparitions"; "ghosts and other immaterial entities"
2. [a] without material form or substance; "an incorporeal spirit"
3. [s] (often followed by `to'') lacking importance; not mattering one way or the other; "whether you choose to do it or not is a matter that is quite immaterial (or indifferent)"; "what others think is altogether indifferent to him"
4. [a] of no importance or relevance especially to a law case; "an objection that is immaterial after the fact"
5. [s] not pertinent to the matter under consideration; "an issue extraneous to the debate"; "the price was immaterial"; "mentioned several impertinent facts before finally coming to the point"
1. [s] intangible
2. [s] nonphysical
3. [s] discorporate
4. [s] unembodied
5. [s] bodiless
6. [s] unbodied
7. [s] disembodied
8. [s] spiritual
9. [a] unimportant
10. [a] irrelevant
Look up words in the English4Today Online Dictionary and then add them to your personal dictionary (myVocab).
Turn your word lists into tests for yourself, your friends or your students ... add a translation ... make vocabulary sets and flash cards.
All you need to start your own personal dictionary web is a free English4Today membership.
Do you know the meaning of ...
English grammar software checks your grammar and spelling, and gives feedback as you write!