Online English Dictionary and Vocabulary Builder
1. [s] being (or being of the nature of) a notion or concept; "a plan abstract and conceptional"; "to improve notional comprehension"; "a notional response to the question"
2. [s] indulging in or influenced by fancy; "a fanciful mind"; "all the notional vagaries of childhood"
3. [s] not based on fact or investigation; "a notional figure of cost helps in determining production costs"; "speculative knowledge"
4. [s] not based on fact; dubious; "the falsehood about some fanciful secret treaties"- F.D.Roosevelt; "a small child''s imaginary friends"; "her imagined fame"; "to create a notional world for oneself"
5. [a] having descriptive value as distinguished from syntactic category; "sex is a notional category; gender is a syntactic one"
1. [a] abstract
2. [a] creative
3. [a] originative
4. [a] theoretical
5. [a] theoretic
6. [a] unreal
Look up words in the English4Today Online Dictionary and then add them to your personal dictionary (myVocab).
Turn your word lists into tests for yourself, your friends or your students ... add a translation ... make vocabulary sets and flash cards.
All you need to start your own personal dictionary web is a free English4Today membership.
Do you know the meaning of ...
English grammar software checks your grammar and spelling, and gives feedback as you write!